Strengthen Your Sense of Humor and Emotional Control
The nature of work today can intensify emotional reactions. As you face the pressures of more work, more interaction with co-workers, and more stressful deadlines, you’re likely to find yourself in situations where it is critical to identify and control your emotions. Unmanaged stress not only destroys your productivity, but it can also destroy your health. Stress is a known factor in 70 percent of all diseases, so people must learn to boost their energy and reduce tension. This course examines the link between your emotions and stress and teaches behavioral techniques to help you productively manage your emotions, prevent out-of-control situations, and reduce your stress. This course will help professionals who are pushed to the limit every day.
- Discover the sources of your stress.
- Understand how stress and productivity are related.
- Identify the five stages of burnout.
- Learn the direct impact of perception on your emotions.
- Uncover your “normal” workplace and industry stressors.
- Take personal responsibility for your own stress level.
- Become a positive thinker with a great attitude.
- Have a good sense of humor and take things lightly.
- Create “humor triggers” to counter stressful situations.
- Set boundaries with others and learn to say no.
- Control your temper at work and stay calm when angry.
- Keep stressful events or difficult people from bothering you.
Download a one-page PDF sheet about the STRESS: Getting Rid of Burnout through Humor and Emotional Control course to share or print.