Survive Information Overload and Clear the Clutter
Do you get 200 emails every day? Do you feel like you’re slowly drowning in a sea of paper? Does the sight of your messy office and overflowing in-box frustrate you? Then this course is for you! You may work hard. But if you’re disorganized, every step is a struggle. In this age of downsizing and a do-more-with-less mentality, efficiency is more important than ever before. This course will help staff members, professionals, and managers stay on top of it all. You will gain scores of new tips and techniques for
bringing order into your life, both personally and professionally!
- Understand the difference between being “tidy” and “organized.”
- Learn six crucial brain shifts you must make to be organized in today’s workplace.
- Take a quiz to determine if you’re a “paper” or an “electronic” person.
- Construct and use the eight types of files.
- Discover six different choices for handling a piece of paper.
- Keep your email inbox clear and empty at the end of each day.
- Implement six simple, practical options for handling voice mail.
- Keep track of time-sensitive documents and action items.
- Organize any area systematically with a five-step process.
- Sort, process, and store email, paper, and voice mail quickly and systematically.
- Learn where to put “pending” items or papers requiring future action.
- Toss unnecessary papers and avoid the packrat syndrome.
Download a one-page PDF sheet about the ORGANIZATION: Organizing Your Office and Your Life course to share or print.