An employee hits “Reply to All” to 17 people and says, “Me too!” A collective groan goes up from the group as they read her response, since she added nothing to the conversation and wasted everyone’s time. A co-worker knocks on the closed door of another, who is trying to focus on a project, and says, “Gotta minute?” A meeting attendee comments in a meeting, “That reminds me…” and takes the entire group down a rabbit trail. ENOUGH! We must all work together to develop and follow proper workplace protocols to keep from wasting each other’s time. This course teaches the common courtesies and etiquette that a productive employee should exhibit.
- Determine which medium is most appropriate to communicate your message.
- Discover simple tricks to reduce information overload and decrease volume by 50%.
- Use the 5 C’s of effective email to convey the desired tone and ensure your message gets read.
- Create a “drop-in visitor” policy, so you can communicate to others when you’re busy, without hurting their feelings.
- Reduce obsessive-compulsive email disorder and control your actions.
- Auto-file regular emails to speed up processing and reduce email volume.
- Avoid time-wasting email behaviors that slow down the recipients of your email.
- Craft guidelines around the use of technology during meetings and conference calls.
- Discuss today’s commonly accepted courtesies and protocol for conference calls.
- Discuss phone, cellphone, text, and IM courtesies and protocols.
- Agree on guidelines that your team or organization will follow in meetings.
- Develop a systematic method to keep your inbox empty and stay in control.
Contact us to today to inquire about your event, theme, location, fees, and availability.