Look at your to-do list. It’s ridiculous. You can’t get all that done. As a skeptical audience member once told author Laura Stack before a presentation, “I don’t want to hear a productivity consultant telling me to do more with less. I want to do less and achieve more.” That’s exactly what Laura offers in this presentation.
You’re never going to save time and increase efficiency by adding more to your bloated list. You need a comprehensive approach that will enable you to organize your life around the tasks that really matter and let go of the ones that doesn’t. Stack’s innovative, six-step Productivity Workflow Formula (PWF) allows you to spend less time and achieve greater results than you ever thought possible. By following her logical and intuitive process, you can wrestle your schedule into submission. Each step is demonstrated using Microsoft Outlook, so you know specifically what to do.
Laura shows how to separate the productive wheat from the nonproductive chaff—to hone in on the high-value tasks, protect the time to do them, and focus on their execution. You’ll learn how to scale back—reduce, reduce, reduce is her mantra. You’ll find dozens of ways to shrink your to-do list, calendar commitments, distractions, interruptions, information overload, inefficiencies, and energy expenditures. Each reduction will increase your results and save you time.
STEP 1: Determine what to do. GOAL: REDUCE YOUR TO-DO LIST.
- Define the true value in your work.
- Determine low-value activities to increase your Personal ROI.
- Study your work requirements closely with interim reviews.
STEP 2: Schedule time to do it. GOAL: REDUCE YOUR OBLIGATIONS.
- Focus on your high-value activities with to-do list triage.
- Assign time slots appropriately with a six-step daily planning method.
- Say no and set boundaries when appropriate.
STEP 3: Focus your attention. GOAL: REDUCE YOUR DISTRACTIONS.
- Overcome the four TYPEs of distractions to hone your concentration.
- Avoid multitasking and task switching.
- Reduce interruptions to increase your focus.
STEP 4: Process new information. GOAL: REDUCE PROCESSING TIME.
- Use the 6-Ds to manage incoming paper and keep your desk organized.
- Integrate your voicemail messages into your overall time management system.
- Quickly handle incoming email and keep the inbox empty (Outlook demo).
STEP 5: Close the loop. GOAL: REDUCE INEFFICIENCIES.
- Solve people problems, bottlenecks, and time wasters.
- Tighten up your C-O-R-E time management system.
- Ensure your system meets the H-U-G Criteria.
STEP 6: Manage your capacity. GOAL: REDUCE ENERGY EXPENDITURE.
- Plan around your energy level.
- Manage your sleep with the one-week sleep challenge.
- Balance time for work, family, friends, and self.
You know you can’t work any harder—if you want to accomplish more you have to work differently. If you can figure out how to be more efficient, more organized, and better focused, you can get greater results in less time (your boss will love you) and get out of the office earlier and home to life you love (your family will love you).
Contact us to today to inquire about your event, theme, location, fees, and availability.