Working Productively from Home
You get out of bed, walk down the hall, switch on the computer, and begin working. You soon discover that it’s not easy working at home! Working from home can either be a blessing or a curse. Whether you’re working full time from home or just one day a week (so you can actually get some work done), there are ways to make it as productive as possible. Learn from a veteran small business owner, who has worked from home for over 20 years. Laura Stack will provide solutions for the difficulties that are frequently encountered in a home office arrangement, such as space design, distractions, procrastination, isolation, boundaries with family, professional image, and corporate visibility.
- Discover if your personality is well-suited for working from home.
- Create proper boundaries with your family and friends.
- Stay “in the loop” with the office and coworkers.
- Design your office for optimal productivity.
- Set up effective organizational systems.
- Solve common time management problems, such as distractions and procrastination.
- Establish rules and routines for telecommuting successfully.
- Overcome isolation and other challenges of working alone.
- Preserve your professional image and maintain visibility.
- Avoid burnout and the “do-it-all” syndrome.
- Set clear and measurable objectives with your supervisor.
Download a one-page PDF sheet about the TELECOMMUTING: Working Successfully from Home course to share or print.