Reduce Tasks, Increase Results, and Save 90 Minutes a Day
Are you tired of hearing “do more with less”? Many people are already working as long and as hard as they can, and “productivity improvement” classes can be hard to swallow. Laura Stack, The Productivity Pro®, turns time management on its head and shows overwhelmed professionals how to actually DO LESS and ACHIEVE MORE. They’ll produce greater results and create significant impact on organizational goals. Laura teaches her latest thinking using this innovative workflow formula to reduce to-do lists, reduce commitments, reduce distractions, reduce the glut of information, reduce inefficiencies, and reduce energy expenditure. Past clients using these systems and methods report savings of 90 minutes a day and higher productivity than ever before!
- Refuse meetings and requests for your time when appropriate and learn to say no graciously.
- Create a system that integrates your company software, email (Outlook emphasis), your handheld, electronic information, and your paperwork.
- Learn six crucial brain shifts you must make to be organized in today’s workplace.
- Track delegation, projects, tasks, and pending items from beginning to end using technology and systems, not your brain!
- Reduce distractions, improve concentration, eliminate multi-tasking, stay focused, and actually get something done!
- Process and organize your email quickly and regularly empty your inbox. Know where to keep emails that need answers (hint: it’s not your inbox).
- Determine the perfect daily routine that fits your rhythms and know when to do what tasks.
- Use simple, inexpensive technologies to filter, process, and organize incoming and outgoing information.
- Discover a new sense of freedom from overload and control that you’ve not felt in years!
- Learn seven steps to plan your schedule the night before, so you can hit the ground running.
- Create a systematic workflow to filter out the high-value
- tasks, protect the time to do them, focus on their execution, and organize around them.
- Track your client communications, phone calls, conversations, and meeting results, and quickly pull that information from your system.
Download a one-page PDF sheet about the OVERLOAD: What to Do When There’s Too Much to Do course to share or print.